Professional Development Activities
The organizing committee for the IEEE Sixth International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems (BTAS 2013) invites post-doctoral researchers hired within the past 2 years and recently appointed researchers / professionals in industry to apply for the Career Pathways in Industry Panel event (CPIP). The CPIP will offer a venue to Interact with a panel of accomplished researchers and to learn about navigating your way to a successful career in industry. Specific topics will be discussed by leading biometric researchers, program managers, and directors from industry, culminating with a Q&A session and time for networking.
- CPIP Submission deadline:
July 15, July 31, 2013
- CPIP Notification by:
July 30, August 9, 2013
- CPIP Event: October 2nd, 2013
Email your application to email@example.com with subject [CPIP-BTAS2013]. The following information should be attached in a .pdf file:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A one-paragraph statement discussing career goals.
- A one-paragraph statement discussing the applicant’s main achievement in the field of biometrics.
The selection will be made by the Professional Development Activities (PDA) Co-Chairs and will be based upon the achievements of the applicants and the relevance of these achievements to the biometrics field. Successful applicants are expected to participate in the CPIP.
Please send any questions or comments to:
Professional Development Activities Co-Chairs
- Kuntal Sengupta, Imprivata Inc., USA
- Theoharis Theoharis, NTNU, Norway, theotheo at idi.ntnu.no
- Shishir K. Shah, University of Houston, USA, sshah at central.uh.edu