Professional Development Activities
The organizing committee for the IEEE Sixth International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems (BTAS 2013) invites post-doctoral researchers hired within the past 2 years and recently appointed tenure track professors to apply for the Career Pathways in Academia Panel event (CPAP). The CPAP will offer a venue to interact with a panel of accomplished researchers and to learn about navigating your way to a successful career in academia. Specific topics will be discussed culminating with a Q&A session and time for networking. Topics covered will include:
- An Inside Look at an Academic Search Committee
- Negotiating Your First Faculty Position
- How to Survive and Thrive as a New Faculty Member (Balancing course loads, class preparation, research agendas, and committee work, maintaining your personal life, …)
- Do’s and Dont’s towards Tenure
- CPAP Submission deadline:
July 15, July 31, 2013
- CPAP Notification by:
July 30, August 9, 2013
- CPAP Event: October 1, 2013
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject [CPAP-BTAS2013]. The following information should be attached in a .pdf file:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A one-page statement discussing career goals.
- A one-paragraph statement discussing the applicant’s main achievement in the field of biometrics.
The selection will be made by the Professional Development Activities (PDA) Co-Chairs and will be based upon the achievements of the applicants and the relevance of these achievements to the biometrics field. Successful applicants are expected to participate in the CPAP.
Please send any questions or comments to:
Professional Development Activities Co-Chairs
- Kuntal Sengupta, Imprivata Inc., USA
- Theoharis Theoharis, NTNU, Norway, theotheo at idi.ntnu.no
- Shishir K. Shah, University of Houston, USA, sshah at central.uh.edu